Blog Archive

Thursday, August 30, 2012

think on these things

While pondering what I would do if I knew, as a fact, that I would have one day left to live and what I would do or how I would spend that day, I got thinking a little. Or, a lot, rather.

I would be scared, confused. I would want to spend it with the love of my life and my family. But when I started thinking how I would want it, I started seeing a reality mock up of that day/night. I would be fighting a lot. Arguing, saying things I didn't mean, but would say out of fear for the unknown.

During this epiphany at 2:30 in the morning, I came to the conclusion, this is exactly the reason God does not allow us to know when our end will come. He knew exactly how we would react to matters of money, wealth, power, illness, and He for-knew that we would act as complete idiots with this information. He knew we couldn't handle the truth.

Human's are creatures of habit. And because of this, we don't like when life throws curve balls in the way of our happiness. However, that kind of thinking is why so much depression is caused. Our minds are not open, we are set on our "Ten Year Plan" and if anything deviates from that, our life is off focus and we feel we need to regroup. What idiots we are!

After coming to his conclusion, I for one, am eternally grateful that my Lord does not withhold any good thing from me (Psalm 84:11)

My God loves me. Withholding this news from us, is proof He loves us so much He wants us to live in harmony and love toward each other. Not in quarrelsome attitudes, but unfailing mercy and grace. 



Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things(Philippians 4:8 ESV)




No comments:

Post a Comment